Leftover Roasted Root Soup
- Olive oil for cooking
- 3 whole carrots- roasted
- 1 large parsnip- roasted
- 600ml veg stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Pinch mixed herbs
- 1 Tbsp Linwoods Flaxseed blend of your choice
- If you don’t have your veggies already roasted and just fancy making the soup from scratch, then just chop and roast the carrot and parsnip in the oven for around 45 minutes at 180c, until beautifully caramelised and soft.
- Dice the onion and add this into a frying pan with a little olive oil and cook over medium heat until translucent. Crush in the garlic clove and sauté until fragrant.
- In a blender, combine the roasted veggies, cooked onion & garlic and stock, then blend until smooth and creamy.
- Season to taste with black pepper and stir through the ground cumin, mixed herbs and Linwoods Flaxseed blend.
- Gently heat in a saucepan before serving.