Protein Gingerbread Muffins
- 1 cup of spelt flour
- 1 cup of white flour
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil - melted
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 6 tablespoons of date syrup
- 1 tablespoon of Linwoods hemp+ protein powder
- 2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground clove
- A pinch of sea salt
- Chopped pecans
- Start by preheating the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
- In a large bowl mix together the spelt flour, white flour, Linwood hemp protein powder, all the spices, baking soda and the pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, coconut sugar and date syrup.
- Give it a good mix until you have a smooth and glossy consistency.
- Pour the wet ingredient into the flour and very gently mix together. Try not to overtax it as you want a hairy and light consistency and overtaxing will result in a heavier batter.
- Fill each case with about 2 tablespoons of the batter, try not to press the batter down into each case, just gently drop it with a spoon or even better an ice cream scoop.
- Sprinkle each muffin with the chopped pecans and bake in the oven for 20-24minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool down in the tray for 10 minutes before transferring them on a cooling rack for another 10 minutes.
- They are super delicious as they are or even more scrumptious if served with a generous spoonful of almond butter.