These bars are so easy to make, they literally require one big bowl, not a whole lot of measuring, mix, press down into a prepared tin and have a little patience before slicing. They hold up well in cooler climates, I’d probably recommend just storing them in the freezer and taking out just before you leave the house if you want them to stay firm that little bit longer.
You can substitute seeds for nuts if you prefer in the same quantity but I would recommend chopping or blitzing them up a little bit. I also opted for mighty sized bars but you could totally make up to 16 using the same mix and just slice them up a little bit smaller.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – Nada! Just let them set for an hour in the freezer or overnight in the fridge
Servings – 8 – 16
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds, I used white chia seeds for a change!
- 3 packets of Linwoods Boost Seed Bio Cultures (or 45g of Linwoods Milled Flaxseed with Bio Cultures & Vitamin D)
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 1 cup jumbo porridge oats
- Two pinches of salt
- ¼ cup cacao butter, melted
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup honey or brown rice syrup
- Mix together sunflower seeds through to salt in a large bowl.
- Line a 9 *13 inch tray with baking paper and light grease with oil.
- Mix together cacao butter, tahini and honey or brown rice syrup in a jug.
- Add wet to dry and mix everything up well together to combine.
- Press mixture into prepared tray and spread evenly using a spatula or back of a spoon.
- Allow to set in the fridge overnight or freezer for one hour before slicing.
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks or freeze for up to one month.