Learn how to make hemp pesto spaghetti with this quick & easy recipe! It’s fresh, herbal and garlicky taste is made even better with the nutty flavour of Shelled Hemp. It could become one of your favourite weeknight dinners!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 6-8 pieces of tenderstem broccoli
- 8-10 chestnut mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Shelled Hemp
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 ½ cups basil leaves
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 150g dry spaghetti
- Chilli flakes to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Dice the chestnut mushrooms and place on a roasting tray with the tenderstem broccoli. Drizzle with a little olive oil, salt & pepper. Toss and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Boil the spaghetti in some salted water.
- In a food processer, add the hemp seeds, garlic clove, basil leaves, nutritional yeast, olive oil, salt & pepper. Blend until a fine pesto consistency is achieved.
- Drain the spaghetti once cooked, reserving a mug of the pasta water.
- Place the spaghetti, roasted vegetables and pesto in a pan and mix well. Add in a little pasta water to loosen and create a silky sauce consistency.
- Serve and sprinkle with chilli flakes.