Have a last taste of Christmas before the new year with this Fruit and Nut Chocolate Cake. So think fudge, chocolate biscuit cake without the biscuit, all the pops of flavour, a little texture and rich intense chocolate deliciousness.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Servings – 10 – 12
- 180g coconut oil, melted
- 120g coconut butter or cacao butter melted
- 60g smooth cashew or almond butter
- 60g raw cacao powder
- 120ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Flaxseed with Cocoa & Mulberries
- 2 tbsp mulberries
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp raw or roast pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp raw or roast pistachios, chopped
- Line a loaf tin or 6 inch square tin with baking paper.
- Whisk together coconut oil, coconut butter and cacao powder in a jug.
- Add maple syrup and whisk gently to combine.
- Stir in the flaxseed.
- Once combined fold in the mulberries, cranberries, pecans and pistachios reserving a few of each for on top.
- Transfer mixture to prepared tin. Spread even with the back of a spatula.
- Sprinkle reserved fruit and nuts on top.
- Place into the fridge to set for at least three hours or overnight before slicing. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.