For the muffins -
- 100g cooked unsweetened apples
- 75g dates, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 100ml almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 150g oat flour
- 2 tablespoons Linwoods Milled Flaxseed & Goji Berries
- 50g coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 75g dried cranberries
- 50g walnuts
For the topping -
- 200g thick natural yogurt (or dairy-free alternative)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Dried dates, diced
- Walnut pieces
- Crystalised ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a 6-hole muffin tin.
- Place the cooked apples, drained dates, eggs, almond milk, maple syrup and almond butter in a food processor and whizz up until smooth.
- Mix together the oat flour, flaxseeds, coconut sugar, ginger, nutmeg and bicarb in a bowl.
- Pour in the wet ingredients along with the dried cranberries and walnuts and stir to combine.
- Divide between the muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes until risen and golden. Leave to cool.
- Beat together the yogurt, vanilla and maple syrup and leave in the fridge until needed.
- Once the muffins have cooled, remove from the tin then spread some of the topping over each one.
- Decorate as you wish - then enjoy!