These mouth-watering coconut crepes with maple ricotta will make the perfect fruit dessert with sweet juicy strawberries, vegan cream cheese, sticky maple syrup and desiccated coconut. They are also made using flax-egg (water mixed with flaxseed) creating a great vegan pancake recipe.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
Servings – 6 – 8 crepes
- 100g plain flour, gluten free if necessary
- 150ml coconut milk
- 150ml water
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Milled Flaxseed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- 1 bag frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 tbsp of your favourite good quality strawberry jam
- 200g dairy free cream cheese or ricotta
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Linwoods Milled Flaxseed
- Coconut Flakes
- Whisk together all the pancake batter ingredients in a large bowl or jug. Use an electric beater to make sure there were no lumps and to speed up the process. Set to one side for 10 minutes or place into the fridge overnight.
- Heat a crepe pan over a medium heat. Grease with dairy free butter or coconut oil.
- Pour ¼ cup (60ml) of the batter into the pan. Swirl to coat and cook for a couple of minutes before flipping and cooking for about 30 seconds more.
- Repeat with remaining batter. These crepes reheat well!
- Blend together the dairy free cream cheese or ricotta with maple syrup.
- Mix together the thawed frozen strawberries and strawberry jam.
- Serve crepes with maple sweetened cream cheese or ricotta, strawberries, milled flax and coconut flakes over the top! Enjoy your delicious coconut crepes!