This Cinnamon and Apple Galette has the same flaky, buttery crust, and sweet fruit as an apple pie but is half the work! Plus the addition of Linwoods Flaxseed, Chia Seed, Apple & Cinnamon blend gives your pastry an added boost of fibre and a pop of apple cinnamony flavour to compliment the filling.
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 – 35 minutes
Servings – 6 – 8
- 150g all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Flaxseed, Chia Seed, Apple and Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 110g butter, cold and diced
- 3- 4 tbsp cold water
- 4 – 6 apples peeled and sliced; honey crisp or pink lady
- 60g sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter cut into small cubes.
- 1 egg glazing
- Add flour, flax, and butter to your food processor. Pulse to combine. Slowly add cold water to form your pastry. Place onto a floured surface, roll into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Put your pastry into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll pastry out to form a 12 inch circle. Create a filling line by place a 9 inch cake tin on top and lightly pressing down into the pastry.
- Peel and core apples. Cut them in half and then slice them into very thin slices.
- Lay apples within the 9inch indent on the pastry.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle over the apples.
- Place the diced butter over the apples.
- Now fold in the pastry around the edges covering, fold it over itself as you go.
- Whisk egg and then brush right the way around the pastry.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C (350F) for 30 -35 minutes, until nice and golden.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.