Make these Christmas Muffins in preparation for Christmas Day for the whole family. They make a healthy breakfast treat with sweet berry flavours, plus this recipe is suitable for vegan diets from mixing Linwoods Flaxseed and Goji Berries blend with water.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 22 – 25 minutes
Servings – 10 -12
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Flaxseed and Goji Berries
- 60ml water
- 250ml boxed coconut milk
- 220g apple puree
- 100g soft brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 70g smooth peanut butter*
- 150g buckwheat flour
- 120g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Line a muffin tray with 10 -12 liners.
- Mix together the flax and water in a small bowl and set to one side for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the milk, apple puree, soft brown sugar and smooth peanut butter in a bowl.
- Whisk the buckwheat flour, ground almonds, baking powder and cinnamon together in a large bowl to break up any clumps.
- Add the flax mixture to the wet ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk together until just combined. Divide the mixture into your prepared muffin tray. Fill the cases ⅔ – ¾ of the way full depending on how big you want to make them and how many you want to make.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22 -25 minutes; until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Store in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
*You can use tahini for a nut free version