Fudgy chocolate protein bars laced with hemp and chia seeds for a beautiful subtle crunch in every bite!
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Setting Time – 3 hours or overnight
- 100g pitted medjool dates
- 180g smooth peanut butter or almond butter
- 60g coconut oil, melted
- 150g chocolate or chocolate peanut plant based protein powder*
- 20g raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 50g Linwoods Shelled Hemp
- 50g Linwoods Whole Chia Seeds
- 50g dark chocolate melted for topping
- Blend together the Medjool dates through to the melted coconut oil in a food processor until smooth.
- Add protein powder and cacao powder and blend to form a thick paste.
- Add in seeds and pulse to combine.
- Line a 2lb standard loaf with baking paper.
- Transfer the bar mixture to the tin and leave to set in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight. You could also stick it into the freezer for an hour.
- Slice into 7-8 bars and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Store the chocolate protein bars in the fridge for up to two weeks in a sealed container or freeze for up to one month.
*It’s best to use one that is a mixture of different plant proteins. A 100% rice will be too chalky, a 100% pea will dry the mixture out. The one I used is a mixture of hemp, peanut, rice, pumpkin and sunflower seed protein.