Chocolate Chip Baked Oats– a filling and healthy breakfast that tastes like a gooey homemade chocolate chip cookie, hot from the oven! Plus, it’s vegan and only requires 20 minutes of baking time.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 – 22 minutes
Servings – for one serving
- 60g oats ground to a coarse flour consistency
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Linwoods milled flaxseed
- 125ml non dairy milk of choice
- 50g apple puree or ripe banana puree or non dairy yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 heaped tbsp mini dark chocolate chips
- Whisk together everything except for the chocolate chips.
- Fold in chocolate chips, reserving a few for on top.
- Place into an oven safe dish. Sprinkle reserved chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 22 minutes; less time for a more gooey consistency.
- Top with more peanut butter and some coconut flakes. Dig in while it’s warm and melty!