Try our delicious and low-cholesterol breakfast muffins which are high in fibre, low in sugar and low in saturated fat. These breakfast muffins are also high in omega 3 from the addition of Linwoods Milled Flaxseed which is an essential fatty acid which contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels.
Breakfast Muffins | Apple and Oat
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
Servings – 8 – 10 muffins
- 120g plain flour
- 40g wholewheat flour
- 30g porridge oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Milled Flaxseed
- 100ml oat milk or non dairy milk of choice
- 80g apple puree
- 80g coconut oil, melted*
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together the flours, oats, baking powder, soda, flax and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, apple puree, coconut oil or oil of choice and vanilla in a jug.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk to combine. Divide the mixture up into 8 – 10 muffin cases filling them ¾ of the way.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
*Or vegan butter OR light tasting olive oil or avocado oil