These blueberry and cinnamon breakfast muffins are quick and easy to make with a moist and tender centre bursting with blueberries and ground cinnamon for an extra sweet taste.
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
- 135g oat flour (135g rolled oats ground/blended into a flour)
- 60g ground almonds/almond flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas (approx. 270g)
- 60ml coconut oil, melted
- 40g coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg- 1 tbsp Linwoods Flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 140g fresh blueberries
- Mix the flaxseeds and cold water together in a small bowl and leave to thicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas until they form a puree without any lumps. Add in the coconut sugar, coconut oil, flax egg and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Add in the oat flour, ground almonds, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir well until fully combined. Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide out the mixture evenly between the 12 liners.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until cooked. Leave to cool. The muffins can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.