Black Bean & Corn Burgers
- 1 can (400g/230g drained) black beans
- 200g frozen sweetcorn
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ chilli powder
- ¼ red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed
- 2 tbsp oat flour
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 5 burger buns
- 1 large avocado mashed with the juice of 1 lemon
- Chopped red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion and coriander
- An optional drizzle of Sriracha sauce or chilli sauce
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor and then shape into patties.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp coconut oil on high. Cook each burger for 3-5 minutes, flip an cook for another minute on the other side.
- For a lighter burger, bake in a 200*C preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Assemble the burgers by spreading a layer of mashed avocado, then top with a bean burger burger, a drizzle of Sriracha and chopped veggies.