These Baked Oats Breakfast Cupcakes will be a family favourite…suitable to eat on busy mornings and taste delicious with a chocolate coconut cream frosting.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
Servings – 6 mini oat cupcakes (2 – 3 people)
For the Oat Cupcakes
- 120g jumbo or porridge oats
- 2 heaped tbsp Linwoods Flaxseed with Bio Cultures and Vitamin D
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g apple puree*
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 250ml non dairy milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Coconut Cream icing
- Cream from the top of can of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight**
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp powdered coconut sugar (optional)
- Cacao nibs for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together all baked oat ingredients in a bowl.
- Grease a cupcake silicone tray with spray oil. Place silicone tray onto a baking tray.
- Fill 6 cupcake sections and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk together coconut cream, cocoa powder and powdered coconut sugar if using. Use an electric whisk or electric beaters. Can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to three days.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting. Frosting can be spread or piped onto the baked oat cupcakes. If you ice them when warm, the icing will melt. Delicious, but messy.
- Sprinkle with some cacao nibs if desired before serving as is or in a bowl with a little non dairy yogurt or milk!
*You can also use ripe banana puree, approx. 1 small banana worth
**Drain off the coconut water. Discard or use in a smoothie.