What you eat can naturally help you through the menopause and this delicious Avocado Toast recipe has been tweaked to ensure it is protein rich, high in omega 3 and full of fibre.
The toast is also home made and includes Linwoods Menoligna which adds extra essential nutrients needed for menopause such as B Vitamins, Magnesium and Calcium.
Delicious Avocado Toast | Healthy Lunch for Menopause
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
Servings – 9 hunks of bread
For the Bread
- 5 large eggs
- 80ml olive oil
- 125ml water
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 220g Linwoods Menoligna
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ a ripe mashed avocado
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 fried or poached egg
- 1 slice of flax bread
- Black pepper, toasted seeds and some pomegranate to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Line a 9 inch square tin with baking paper.
- Whisk together the eggs, olive oil and water in a large bowl.
- Add the baking powder, menoligna and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Toast under a preheated grill for a couple of minutes each side, or pan fry on each side for a couple of minutes.
- Mix together the avocado, lime juice and salt. Top bread with avocado, egg of choice and sprinkle with seeds, black pepper and some pomegranate arils if desired.
*Slice a thin layer off the top of the bread before toasting.