This warm and delicious Apple Cinnamon Bread is bursting with sweet apple chunks and cinnamon spices, topped with a luxurious cream cheese icing.
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 – 45 minutes
Servings – 10
For the Apple Cinnamon Bread
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Flaxseed, Chia, Apple and Cinnamon + 6 tbsp water
- 100ml light tasting olive oil
- 160ml almond or oat milk
- 100g coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 crisp apples, peeled and diced into small chunks
For the icing
- 80g vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp powdered stevia
- Whisk together the flax and water in a small bowl and set to one side for five minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Line a loaf with baking paper and lightly grease with spray oil.
- Mix together the oil and milk in a jug. Once the flax eggs are “eggy”, add to the wet ingredients.
- Add the flour, sugar, raising agents, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt to a large bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold through the diced apple and place the mixture into your prepared tin. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool fully before icing.
- Beat together the vegan cream cheese, maple syrup, and powdered stevia. Spread over the cooled cake before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to five days.