Who doesn’t love homemade candy bars! Especially one that is made with simple ingredients, has an added fibre rich boost, requires no cooking or baking, and has an amazing chewy crunchy texture!!
Preparation Time – 20 minutes + 1 hour setting time minimum
Servings – 7 – 8 bars
- 100g flaked cereal
- 100g syrup of choice (honea, agave, maple)
- 30g coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Milled Flaxseed
- 240g smooth almond butter*
- 40g coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 150g dark chocolate roughly chopped
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add flaked cereal to a large bowl.
- Mix together syrup of choice through to salt in a bowl or jug.
- Pour over the cereal and mix well to fully combine.
- Press mixture into prepared tin and place into the freezer for at least one hour.
- Remove and slice into 7 – 8 bars. Place the bars onto a baking paper lined tray and put back into the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together in a microwave safe large jug or bowl.
- One at a time dunk and fully coat the bars in the melted chocolate. Lift up with a spoon, transfer over to a fork and shake off excess chocolate carefully before placing back onto the baking paper lined tray. Place into the fridge for the chocolate to set.
- Store candy bars in the fridge for up to two weeks.
*Use peanut butter if you prefer or sunflower seed butter for a nut free option.