Breakfast – carrot and apple oatmeal
A delicious recipe inspired by our customer @Hanhanhoughton on Instagram. This delicious oatmeal dish will serve two people and takes just 30 minutes to prepare. The recipe includes our milled organic flaxseed, allowing your body to easily absorb the nutritional benefits from the flaxseed straight away. These include key minerals like zinc and calcium, as well as fibre and omega 3, two key components of any balanced diet.
• 2 tablespoon Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed
• 1 cup of gluten-free rolled oats
• 1 cup of almond milk (or enough to completely cover the oats)
• 1 small grated carrot
• 1/2 grated apple
• 1 banana (1/2 mashed into mixture, 1/2 for decoration)
• 3 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1 handful of chopped walnuts
• 1 tablespoon ground almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, leaving out half the banana for decoration
3. Pour into a baking dish and pop into the oven for 15-20 minutes (or until the top looks golden)
4. Decorate with leftover banana and a few extra walnuts
This super salad was created by the wonderful Lisa McManus, better known as The Wellness Coach. It’s a great salad for lunch or for an afternoon pick-me-up, to help power you through the rest of the day. This salad will take you 20 minutes to prepare and includes 2 tablespoons of Linwoods shelled hemp seeds, which are a great source of protein and iron.
• 2 tablespoons Linwoods Shelled Hemp Seeds
• Handful of baby kale
• 5 Radishes – finely chopped
• 1 Celery stalk – finely chopped
• 1 Spring onion – finely chopped
• 1 Carrot – grates
• Pomegranate seeds
• Half and Avocado – chopped into small chunks
• 2 inches of cucumber – chopped into cubes
• For the dressing
• 1 dessert spoon of tahini paste
• 1 dessert spoon freshly squeezed Lime juice
• 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
• 1 tablespoon of extra virgin flax or hemp seed oil
1. In a bowl combine the radish, celery, spring onion and grated carrot, ensuring to add a pinch of black pepper and rock salt (pink Himalayan if you have it).
2. In a serving bowl mix the baby kale with the pomegranate seeds, avocado and cucumber.
3. Place the radish mix on top of the baby kale mix and toss in the dressing (made by combining the tahini, lime, mustard and flaxseed oil) before adding the shelled hemp seeds
4. Serve and enjoy with a fresh herbal tea.
Snack – Goji berry soldiers
We all love a sweet treat during the day with a cuppa, but this little indulgence doesn’t have to be bad for you! Our Linwoods Soldiers created by the lovely Susan Jane White, are perfect for a snack at any time of the day, whether you’re at your desk or on your way to the gym. This recipe includes a hearty portion of our Milled Organic Sunflower and Pumpkin Seeds, which are high in zinc and vitamin E, as well as a good helping of Whole Sun-Dried Goji Berries. Spending 20 minutes on this batch of sweet treats in the morning or evening, will arm you will 30 perfectly sized snacks to enjoy across the week.
• 1 cup Linwoods Milled Organic Sunflower & Pumpkin Seeds
• 2 tablespoons Linwoods Whole sun-dried goji berries
• ½ cup maple syrup
• ½ cup coconut flour
• ½ cup cashew nut butter
• 2 tablespoons tamari
• 3 tablespoons raw cacao nibs (optional)
• 1 cup dates, chopped
• ½ cup raisins
• 150g 75% dark chocolate
1. In a food processor (a simple fork and a temper will also work), combine everything except the 75% chocolate and Linwoods whole sun-dried goji berries.
2. Once the mixture is thoroughly glossy, spread it out over a parchment-lined brownie tin. The perfect size tin is about two inches smaller than an A4 page.
3. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the base mixture, pressing down firmly with your fingers.
4. Chill in the fridge. At this time, slowly melt the chocolate over some warm water.
5. Smother the chilled base in chocolate, and parachute some sun-dried goji berries on top for colour and texture.
6. Refrigerate overnight and get ready to enjoy the next day.
Dinner – truly delicious dahl
This delicious dahl recipe will certainly warm the cockles of your heart during the cold winter evenings. This recipe incorporates our Milled Chia Seeds, which are packed with omega 3, fibre, calcium, magnesium, protein and phosphorus. This recipe will serve 4-6 portions and will take 4 ½ hours to prepare – well worth the wait though!
• 2 Dessertspoons of Linwoods Milled Chia Seeds
• 1 Onion, chopped
• 200g Chopped tomatoes
• 300g Yellow split peas
• 4 cms Fresh root ginger, grated
• 700ml Vegetable stock
• 2 Teaspoons of cumin seeds,
• 1 teaspoon crushed
• 10 Freeze dried curry leaves
• 2 Teaspoon of ground turmeric
• 2 Garlic cloves, 1 crushed and 1 sliced
• 1 Green chilli, sliced
• 2 Tablespoons of vegetable or sunflower oil
1. Put the onion, tomatoes, ginger, split peas, cumin, turmeric, garlic and curry leaves into a slow cooker and add the stock.
2. Add most of the chilli and stir. Leave this to cook for 4 hours or until the split peas are nice and tender.
3. Add the Linwoods milled chia seeds and stir well. Season at this point with some salt and pepper.
4. Heat oil in a saucepan and fry the sliced garlic and cumin until golden.
5. Spoon the hot oil over the dahl and sprinkle the sliced chilli on top to serve.
You can view even more great free-from recipes on our recipes page, and for even more inspiration just hit the web and search for free-from recipes on Google, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, and get inspired.
Have you got any free-from recipes that you’d like to share with us? Send your recipe to us and some of the best will get featured on our recipe page. Who knows, you might even be recipe of the month!