1. Flaxseed Pancakes
2 Dessertspoons of Linwoods Milled Flaxseed, Cocoa & Berries
55g Plain flour
Pinch of salt
300ml Fresh orange juice
2 Tablespoons of honey
- Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl and mix in the Linwoods Milled Flaxseed, Cocoa & Berries.
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg.
- Slowly whisk in the milk to form a smooth batter.
- Heat a little oil in a non stick pan.
- Pour in enough batter to coat the bottom of the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Flip the pancake over and cook on the other side.
- Remove from the pan and place on a plate.
- Pour the orange juice into the frying pan with the honey and heat gently.
- Fold the pancakes into triangles and return to the pan for a few seconds.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with the raspberries
2. Flaxseed & Berry Smoothie
160g Greek yoghurt
1 tablespoon Linwoods Milled Flaxseed and Goji Berry
50g frozen strawberries
Sprinkle of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of honey (can use more or less depending on how sweet you like it).
Simply blend all the ingredients together in a Nutribullet or blender until smooth.
3. Strawberry & Cream Overnight Oats
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed
1/4 cup chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen)
Toppings: frozen strawberries, yoghurt, milled flaxseed and honey.
- In a bowl or a jar, mix together the oats and milk.
- Stir in the milled Flaxseed and chopped strawberries.
- Seal with a lid or clingfilm and leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning heat up the frozen strawberries (until they soften and release juice) and stir into the cold oats.
- Top with a spoon of yoghurt, some milled flaxseed and a bit of honey (depending on how sweet you want it to be).
4. Chicken Goujons
2 Chicken fillets
2 Dessert spoons of Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed, Sunflower and Pumpkin Seeds
2 Eggs beaten
2 tablespoons olive oil
- To create coating mix together the flour and Milled Organic Flaxseed, Sunflower and Pumpkin Seeds.
- Slice the chicken, dip in the beaten egg and coat in the flour/seed mix.
- Shallow fry in olive oil for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with salad and mayonnaise dip.
5. Tuna & Red Onion Salad
400g Can of kidney beans
400g Can of cannellini beans
1 Red onion
225g of Tuna steak
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
2 Dessert spoons of Linwoods Milled Flaxseed Sunflower Pumpkin and Sesame Seeds and Goji Berries
1 Stick of celery
Salt and black pepper
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Chop the onion and celery.
- Drain the tuna and mix all the ingredients together.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.