1. Raw Super Food Protein Packed Salad
I eat this salad every day, or a close variation of it. For those on the go, who don’t like cooking or taking too long to prepare meals, this is your saviour! Everything is raw and it takes minutes to prepare, it is also very easy on your digestive system as raw foods give you more energy than they use up to digest them.
Serves one as a main meal, offering as much protein as 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Linwoods Shelled Hemp Seeds
- Handful of Baby Kale
- 5 Radishes – finely chopped
- 1 Celery Stalk – finely chopped
- 1 Spring Onion – finely chopped
- 1 Organic Carrot – grates
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Half and Avocado – chopped into small chunks
- 2 inches of Cucumber – chopped into cubes
For the dressing
- 1 dessert spoon of Tahini paste
- 1 dessert spoon freshly squeezed Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Flax or Hemp Seed Oil
In a bowl combine the Radish, Celery, Spring Onion and Grated Carrot, adding a pinch of black pepper and pink Himalayan rock salt. In a serving bowl mix the baby kale with the Pomegranate Seeds, Avocado and Cucumber. Combine the Radish mix in on top of the Baby Kale and toss in the dressing (made by combining all ingredients in a small jug or cup) and Hemp Seeds. Serve and enjoy with a fresh herbal tea.
2. Protein & Energy Coconut Bliss Balls
As someone who has given up dairy for my health several years ago, I must ensure I am getting adequate calcium from natural sources. Sesame seeds are absolutely fantastic at providing calcium in a readily absorbable form, the reason being, mother nature has already added in the magic co-factor – magnesium, to ensure we are able to use the calcium that this seed offer us. A great go to snack with a herbal tea mid afternoon, these beat any cake or chocolate bar as a raw and natural source of energy.
Makes 18-20 balls
- 3 tablespoons of Linwoods Flax, Sunflower, Pumpkin and Sesame Seed with Goji Berry Mix
- 2 tablespoons of Desiccated (Organic and Unsweetened) Coconut
- 2 tablespoons of Ground Mixed Nuts
- 2 tablespoons of Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Raw Honey
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of melted Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – adjust to own preference
- 12 Medjool Pitted Dates
- Desiccated Coconut to Serve
In a large baking bowl combine the Linwoods Flax, Sunflower, Pumpkin and Sesame Seed with Goji Berry Mix, together with the Coconut, Ground Nuts, Raw Cacao Powder, Cinnamon and Nutmeg. In a pan, add the Coconut Oil and honey, stir and melt. Chop the Dates up finely.
Combine the Dates to the rest of the dry ingredients, slowly stirring in the wet mixture of Coconut Oil and Honey until a thick and gooey consistency is arrived it. If the mix sticks to a spoon, add more Linwoods Flax, Sunflower, Pumpkin and Sesame Seed with Goji Berry Mix. Use a dessert spoon to lift a small ball sized piece of the mixture and roll into a ball using the palms of your hands. Roll in Desiccated Coconut and place on a plate for refrigeration. After 1-2 hours the Bliss Balls should be set and ready for enjoying.
3. High Vitality Green Alkaline Smoothie
In my book, green means detox, green means alkaline, greens means energy, green means go! We are often encouraged to eat our 5 a day, which has thankfully now risen to 7 a day, yet most people wonder how on earth they would fit that quantity of vegetables into 24 hours. Hello green smoothie. For anyone with a pro inflammatory condition, be it skin, joints or digestive system, this smoothie is perfect for you, it’s also a great post training shake to calm down stressed muscles, and a light lunch for those who may travel a lot. A day for me without a green shake is incomplete. Move over coffee, we have a new kid in town.
Serves 1 as a main meal, or 2 as a snack
- 2 tablespoons of Linwoods Chia Seeds
- 4 ice cubes
- 100ml Coconut Water
- 1 small Pear
- Large handful of Spinach
- 70g of fresh Parsley
- Large handful of Kale
- 2 Celery stalks
- 1/3 Cucumber
- 1 inch of raw fresh and organic Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of Wheatgrass or other greens powder
Chop the celery, pear and cucumber into chunks, add to rest of ingredients in a blender or Nutribullet, and blend until smooth. Pour into one large or two small glasses and enjoy.